SharePoint Project Series.

This is a series of blogs I am writing on SharePoint projects:

Part 1 - Design and Planning Part 2 - Implementation (Stage 1) Part 3 - Implementation (Stage 2)
Part 4 - Training Part 5 - Continued Support Part 6 - Suggested Continued Improvement

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Explorer View on Server 2003

I have come across some older servers running WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 in my time. More than once I have come across the inability to use 'Explorer View' on the server. After ensuring that there were correct security zone settings for the intranet site I started scouring the web when it still would not function correctly. After some snooping around I stumbled upon this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64&displaylang=en

Installing this fixed the problem on Windows Server 2003 and also Small Business Server 2003. Hopefully it will help those experiencing the same frustrating issue.

No comments: