SharePoint Project Series.

This is a series of blogs I am writing on SharePoint projects:

Part 1 - Design and Planning Part 2 - Implementation (Stage 1) Part 3 - Implementation (Stage 2)
Part 4 - Training Part 5 - Continued Support Part 6 - Suggested Continued Improvement

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bing... lets hope its a bang.

Well tomorrow is the big day apparently. So Lets hope for the best for Microsoft's latest search attempt. Bing and the Bing decision engine (based on the 'Fast' search technology Microsoft acquired a few years back) seems to indeed have the potential to be a 'google-killer'. As much I dislike some of the google search engine's features and occasional questionable relevence matching, I always find myslef coming back to it.

There just isnt anything else out there as fast and relevant as it unfortunately. I believe in healthy competition so I wouldnt like to see bing be a 'google-killer' but lets just hope it can survive next to the marketting god. From what I have seen I am pretty impressed.

For more info:

http://www.bing.com/ComingSoon

No comments: